Can you give amazon prime membership as a gift? The answer is yes! I’ll show you how in these really simple steps.
===> Ready to order without instructions? Click here!
The Reason Most People Want Prime Membership
Prime membership has become a part of the American household. As online ordering and media streaming have taken off in the past decade, so has Amazon with features like:
- Free shipping on millions of items. No minimum purchase necessary!
- Unlimited access to millions of songs, ad free.
- Unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows.
- Unlimited photo storage on Amazon Cloud Drive.
It’s benefits like these that make giving prime membership so valuable! You can be sure your gift will be appreciated and continually used by just about anyone.
How to Gift Amazon Prime Membership
- Follow this link: www.amazon.com/gp/prime/pipeline/prime_gifting_landing
- Select whether you want to give 3 months or 12 months
- Click on “Add Prime to Cart”
- Proceed to checkout
- Sign in to your account if you haven’t already
- Type the email address of the person you would like to give the prime membership to into the recipient’s email field
- Select the exact day you would like to have the membership delivered to your friend’s email inbox
- Personalize the email gift message
- Place the order
- Wait for the continual “thank you” to stream in every time your friend orders something and gets it shipped for free!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I delay delivery? Yes, you can choose what day to deliver the gift membership.
Can I just give one month? Currently only 3 month and 12 month intervals are allowed.
Where do I purchase the gift membership, I can’t find it? Simply follow this link to purchase the membership: www.amazon.com/gp/prime/pipeline/prime_gifting_landing
Let us know your thoughts and any questions you might have! As always, we’d love to hear from you!
5 thoughts on “How to Give Amazon Prime Membership as a Gift to a Friend”
I would like to buy an amazon video account for my daughter who lives in Ohio how do I do that
Thanks for the comment! As far as I can tell, you have to purchase the full Amazon Prime membership package in order to enjoy the Amazon Prime Video services. So, you can do one of two things:
1) Purchase Amazon Prime for your daughter (she will get the video access plus free shipping and access to music)
2) You can purchase an Amazon gift card for your daughter and she can use the gift card to purchase movie titles.
I hope that helps!
Thank you so much for the info. I could not find it on the Amazon site. You made it so easy.
Can an existing prime member use a prime gift card to use for their next renewal.
Hi Bonnie, this is what Amazon says:
So it sounds like you can’t use it to directly renew your prime membership, but you can exchange the value for a gift card. Hope that helps!