Congratulations! If you’re reading this then you or someone you know is probably expecting a bundle of joy soon! There’s a lot of things to do when expecting a baby including creating a baby registry for friends and family to purchase the items you need. I’m going to walk you through the easy process of doing this on Amazon – one of the largest and most convenient online retailers in the world!
Step By Step Instructions
Let’s go through the steps of signing up and creating a baby list on Amazon. Feel free to stop me if I’m going too fast. 😀
- First thing you’re going to want to do is follow this link (keep this page open so you can continue reading): amazon.com/baby-reg/
- Click on the “Get Started” button. (If you don’t see this button then you probably already created a registry before! Skip to the FAQ section if so.)
- You will be directed to a sign-in page. Simply sign into your amazon account. Hopefully you remember the password. 😉
- The next page that pops up is your registry information. Fill out the form with your details and with the options you want for your registry. Some key features you can utilize on this page include:
- You can add a co-registrant if you want to include a spouse or parent. (The downside of giving a spouse co-registrant power is you could find items added to the registry you don’t deem important. Just saying, my wife would probably find some “best dad ever” shirts if she added me to our baby’s registry list.)
- You can allow “group gifting” for higher priced items.
- You can make your registry public, private, or only shared with people who have your link. I would recommend making it public to make it easier for friends and family to find your list.
- With the list filled out, we’re ready to create the registry! Press that button!!!
- Now, let’s make sure you have the hang of it and can add your first item. Click on the “add items, view checklist” button.
- Use the menu to find something easy to add that won’t require a lot of research. Maybe a toy or some diapers.
- When you find the item you want to add simply click on the “add to registry” button. It’s on there now!
To add more items you can simply shop around Amazon like normal on your desktop or phone. When you find something you like, click on the “Add to baby registry” button instead of the “add to cart”. It’s really easy!
How Do My Friends Find Me?
Your point in making this list is probably to get your friends and family to buy you things. That’s hard to do when they can’t find your registry!
You have two options. First, if your registry isn’t public you can share a link to your friends and family. You can do this here: https://www.amazon.com/baby-reg/share?ref=br-desktop-share-dshbrd. Your unique link can be shared to social media sites and via email.
The second option is to make your registry public. When you do this, you can still share your link with friends and family but they can also navigate to Amazon and search for your registry. The search can happen on this page: https://www.amazon.com/baby-reg/search-results?ref=br_dt_ov_left_nav
Why Amazon is the Perfect Place for Registries
Why use Amazon for your baby shower registry? Well let’s see . . . maybe because they have millions of products, free shipping on most orders (and free 2-day shipping for prime members), it’s super convenient for out-of-state relatives, and you can create your list from home!
Some other cool features include:
- Friends and family can mark items “purchased” if it was purchased off line
- Amazon makes it easy to do returns for unwanted or duplicate items
- Amazon will send you a welcome box if you complete your registry
- Amazon will also give you great discounts for completing your registry
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use my Amazon app to add to my baby registry? The answer is yes! It’s just like adding items to a wish list.
How do I get started? Just follow this link: amazon.com/baby-reg/
Is it free to use? Yes, 100% free!
How do I search for someone else’s registry? Use their information to search here: https://www.amazon.com/baby-reg/search-results?ref=br_dt_ov_left_nav
How does the group funding work for larger items? You will actually redeem those contributions to your amazon account and use the money to purchase the item.
Can I create another baby registry if I already made one in the past? Yes, but you have to delete your old registry 🙁
Can I create multiple lists? Not currently. Just slow down and do one at a time. 🙂
What should I add to my registry? Glad you asked! My wife wrote a wonderful blog post about the top 10 things you should have on your registry! Just follow this link: Top 10 Things You Need On Your Baby Shower Registry
Let us know what your experience is using Amazon to organize your baby registry! Just leave a comment below. And as always, any questions are welcomed and will be resolved if we know the answer! 🙂